The New Forest’s Seasonal Snaps photo competition is back, giving people the chance to win great prizes for entering their springtime photos online.
The contest, run by the New Forest National Park Authority, highlights the natural beauty of the Forest and encourages people to treasure the area. It looks to build on the success of the autumn edition, which attracted over 4,300 votes across 222 photos.
Entries can be submitted on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram from 22 April to 6 May and anyone can take part, whether you are an expert photographer or an enthusiastic amateur.
Photos should capture spring in the Forest, perhaps foals frolicking, spring flowers bursting into bloom, or families enjoying long days in the great outdoors.
Three winners will be chosen by a public vote, which will be open throughout the competition on the National Park Authority’s Facebook page, and a fourth winner will be chosen by a judging panel. The results will be announced on 7 May and the four chosen entries will win one of several exciting prizes, kindly donated by local businesses:
- An overnight stay for two guests at New Park Manor, near Brockenhurst (www.newparkmanorhotel.co.uk), including breakfast, a 25 minute massage or facial per person, full use of the spa facilities and a bottle of Prosecco on arrival
- Family ticket to the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu (www.beaulieu.co.uk)
- Three course lunch for two at The Pig, Brockenhurst (www.thepighotel.com)
- Family ticket on the New Forest Tour between 27 June and 13 September (www.thenewforesttour.info).
A selection of entries will also be exhibited at this summer’s New Forest Open Art exhibition at the New Forest Centre in Lyndhurst, which last year attracted around 10,000 visitors.
Previous Seasonal Snaps winner, now a competition judge, Alan Sutton said: ‘I’ve really enjoyed taking part in the last few Seasonal Snaps, and have been lucky enough to win a couple of great prizes. I think everyone should enter their favourite photos and get their friends to vote so they can win one of the excellent prizes. Even if you don’t win then you still have the pleasure of sharing a special moment with like-minded lovers of the New Forest.
‘I’m looking forward to being a judge for one of the prizes in this spring’s competition, where I will be judging on technical ability and image quality, as well as taking subject difficulty into account.’
Entering the competition takes only a couple of minutes and the process is very simple:
- Post a picture on Instagram or Twitter with #seasonalsnaps, or upload your snap at www.facebook.com/newforestnpa
- Visit the Authority’s Facebook page to view all the photos and get your friends to vote for your entries.
For more on Seasonal Snaps or local photographers in the New Forest visit www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/photography.